1.21.2013

Gucci Muu Muu.


A couple of weeks ago I helped a dear friend bid fare well to his thirty-fourth year on this earth, and celebrate the beginning of a new one. After recently getting my hands on a brand new ice cream machine for Christmas, I was anxious for an excuse to get in the kitchen and make not just ANY ice cream, but a recipe for one of Jeni's ice creams. You see back in October I received this cookbook from a very kind pair of wedding clients as a thank you gift. The couple took me along on the night of their rehearsal dinner in Columbus, Ohio for my first experience tasting Jeni's, which quickly put The Big Dipper in Missoula, MT. up for stiff competition. After eating sweet corn ice cream with blackberry puree, roasted pistatio ice cream, and grilled strawberry buttermilk ice cream, my mind was changed on this frozen treat forever.

On this particular occasion, I christened my machine by making Gucci Muu Muu, a very chocolately, curry ice cream laced with my own addition of cayenne pepper. I decided birthdays are for eating ice cream directly out of the freezer bowl it was made in. Truly, there is no other way. (Oh, also, I made THIS soup with local, fresh pumpkin and THIS salad. One of my new years resolutions was to cook more from of my plethora of wonderful cookbooks I own, instead of using the internet. The salad was inspired by my new cookbook Tender and the soup is a favorite I've been making for a couple of years now.) 







Thanks Sarah and Chase for starting what has become a slight obsession. I'm sure all of my friends will be grateful (and their bellies happy too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment