12.16.2011

super(me).

This is my sister. Isn't she cute?

Lately, I've been more stressed and overloaded than I've ever felt in my life. I've been like this for months now, but it's finally beginning to wear on me. Through the entire month of November I remember often thinking, "Wow, I feel like Superwoman." And as more work and more difficult situations arose I simply said, "BRING IT ON!" I don't know who I was talking to, but I do recall saying this aloud, and saying it with complete confidence that I could take it, whatever "it" was. I thrived off of the challenge. I felt strong. Then, a couple weeks ago I seemed to have misplaced my Superwoman cape as everything around me came to a screeching halt. My dog needed surgery, I was trying to plan a 2000 mile road trip, pack my life into a car, live out of a suitcase, find a place to live, find a job, complete photo shoots, fill client orders, and answer tons of emails. I had an art show that emotionally drained me and didn't make a penny, I was trying to make Christmas plans with my crazy family, and deal with heartache on several levels, among many other things. It was at this time that I text my sister late one night, crying. 

She said, "You don't have to be Superwoman to live your life. You can just be you."

So I just wanted to say a public thank you to my sister and to all of the people in my life lately that have had the right things to say at the right times. The people who have opened their doors to me, helped me solve problems, listened to me, ate cupcakes in the car before dinner with me, helped me hang an entire art show, fed me, hugged me, and let me be me. Not Superwoman, but me.

You know who you are. And I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hailey -
    You put such emotion into your blog posts - i so enjoy reading them, you have such a talent with being an all around artist. And, your sister has some great advice - Best wishes to you - everything will fall into place that needs to be. Hugs, Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about super(bestfriend)?? :)

    I've never had any doubt in my mind you wouldn't knock through every obstacle you had in front of you. Beauty, passion, sincerity and hard-work ALWAYS prevail over all else. Let no one stand in your way.

    ReplyDelete