2.14.2012

Latchkeys ::: NYC


The day started late with a ride on the Staten Island Ferry with my sister. We wandered the streets of NYC afterwards, seeing what was left of the Occupy protestors, exploring Chinatown, eating pizza in Little Italy, standing under the arch at Washington square park, and ending, finally, at a tiny bar down the street from Katz's deli. We met up with my brother-in-law Jeff to get a couple drinks and watch the Latchkeys perform their first show. After ordering a quick beer the three of us were whisked away down a dark stairwell and through a maze of rooms. Before we knew it we were sitting in the basement with the band, Jeff with his tape recorder and me with my camera. My sister turned to me, bright-eyed, and said, "How's this for a New York City experience?"

Jeff is the creator and editor-in-chief of The Fiddleback - the coolest online magazine with fresh takes on music, literature and art. He discovered The Latchkeys at a private party, and was hooked. He asked me to come along that night to not only enjoy some good music, but take photos for the band and for The Fiddleback February issue. I was stoked. 

Please take a moment to check out the magazine and the band's music. You can find the article, music, and my photos here. I promise you will not be disappointed. I found myself listening to them while I edited these photos. It brought me back to that day in NYC. That day that started with a ferry ride and ended with beer, fantastic music, great company, and some late night pizza, for the second time that evening. Thank you Jeff, for being one of my biggest fans, and Tom and Jakenna for letting me be a part of what I know is only the beginning of an amazing music career.









LATCHKEY'S:
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
VIMEO


No comments:

Post a Comment